Prospective authors are invited to submit high quality original technical papers for presentation at the conference and publication in the IEEE/ACM IWQoS 2018 Proceedings and submission to IEEEXplore. Visit the IEEE/ACM IWQoS 2018 CFPs for submission information.
Instructions for Final Paper Submission, Registration and Presentation
Copyright release deadline: April 27, 2018 EDT (hard deadline)
Camera-ready deadline: April 27, 2018 EDT (hard deadline)
Registration deadline: May 1, 2018 (hard deadline). At least one co-author must register at a full rate to cover each paper.
VISA Letter Request deadline: May 1, 2018
Hotel Reservation deadline: May 1, 2018
A Step-by-Step Guide for Authors
1. Revision and Formatting: Revise your manuscript carefully to address the comments from reviewers. Format your manuscript according to the detailed formatting instructions below.
2. IEEE Copyright Notice Block: Add the appropriate copyright notice to the bottom of the first page of your paper. See detailed instructions below.
3. Verifying IEEE Xplore Compatibility: Make sure your paper is IEEE Xplore Compatible by verifying it through IEEE PDF Express (Conference ID: 42873X). See detailed instructions below.
4. Final Submission and IEEE eCopyright Form: Upload your final manuscript (in PDF only) on EDAS by April 27, 2018 EDT. When uploading your final manuscript, you will be prompted to complete the IEEE eCopyright Form via EDAS.
5. Registration: At least one author must register at a full (non-student) rate by May 1, 2018. See detailed instructions below.
6. Travel: Request VISA letters and reserve hotel rooms by May 1, 2018.
Please format your final manuscript as a PDF file in the IEEE conference proceedings 8.5″x11″ two-column format (same as the submission format).
FULL symposium papers can be up to 10 single-spaced, double-column pages with a font size of 10pt.
SHORT symposium papers can be up to 6 single-spaced, double-column pages with a font size of 10pt.
POSTERS can be up to 2 single-spaced, double-column pages with a font size of 10pt.
Please follow the formatting instructions and templates from IEEE directly. Be sure to use the conference mode in the template.
IEEE Copyright Notice Block
You must add the following copyright notice to the bottom of the first page of your paper, depending on the employers of authors:
1) For papers in which ALL authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is: U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright.
2) For papers in which ALL authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-2542-2/18/$31.00 ©2018 Crown
3) For papers in which ALL authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-2542-2/18/$31.00 ©2018 European Union
4) For all other papers the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-2542-2/18/$31.00 ©2018 IEEE
IEEE Xplore Compatibility
Your paper must be IEEE Xplore Compatible before submission. You can use IEEE PDF eXpress in two ways:
1) To verify whether your final manuscript PDF is compatible to IEEE Xplore.
2) To generate an IEEE Xplore Compatible PDF using your manuscript source files (e.g. Microsoft Word, LaTeX DVI and EPS files).
We recommend the first way, that is to generate the final manuscript yourself and verify whether your final manuscript PDF is compatible with IEEE PDF eXpress.
To access IEEE PDF eXpress, go to http://www.pdf-express.org/
Use the Conference ID: 42873X
Follow the instructions in the website to register an account if you are a new user. If you are an existing user, reuse your account.
If you have verified your PDF file to be IEEE Xplore Compatible or have successfully generated an IEEE Xplore-Compatible PDF, you can then proceed to submit the IEEE Xplore Compatible PDF to the camera-ready submission site.
If your PDF is not compatible or the PDF generation fails, you must fix the errors. This will usually take a few iterations. Please begin this process as soon as possible to avoid any delay.
A paper that has not been verified by IEEE PDF eXpress can NOT be accepted for publication in the Proceedings.
IMPORTANT: Any changes made to a PDF after IEEE PDF eXpress verification or conversion will invalidate Xplore compatibility. This includes headers, page numbers, copyright notice, watermarks, etc. If any of these elements are desired, they should be added to the document before a PDF is verified.
eCopyright Form (eCF)
When uploading the Final Manuscript of your paper on EDAS, you will be prompted to complete an IEEE eCopyright Form online, directly via EDAS. In particular, after clicking on Final Manuscript Upload, you will see the message: “Authors must first upload or fill out the IEEE copyright form.” Note that copyright transfer is a necessary first step required before you are allowed upload your final papers. One eCopyright Form is required per each paper.
Author Registration Instructions
In order for a paper to be published in the IEEE IWQoS 2018 proceedings and appear in IEEE Xplore, at least one author of each accepted paper is required to register at a full (non-student) registration rate by May 1, 2018. For authors with multiple accepted papers, one full conference registration covers up to two FULL/SHORT papers, or one FULL and two POSTER papers, or one SHORT and two POSTER papers, or three POSTER papers. For registration, please follow the instructions at http://iwqos2018.ieee-iwqos.org/registration/.
Authors who require a travel visa assistance letter should request such a letter well before the symposium (no later than May 1, 2018). Letters should be requested from the General Chair:
Professor Carey Williamson
Author List and Paper Title
The author list as well as paper title in your final paper submission must remain the same as those in the accepted version. Any change in the author list or paper title is forbidden without prior written permission from the TPC Co-Chairs.
Each paper MUST be presented at the symposium by an author of that paper, unless prior approval is obtained from the TPC Co-Chairs to allow a well-qualified alternative presenter who is able to present the paper and answer questions. Papers that are NOT presented may be removed from IEEE Xplore Digital Library and be excluded from distribution after the symposium.
For enquiries on final version preparation and copyright transfer, please contact publication chair Di Niu at email@example.com.